sip. Wine Bar is a self- serve wine bar in historic downtown Tinley Park, IL on the busy & popular Oak Park Avenue opening in January of 2020, with private event openings as soon as November 2019.
In our scratch kitchen, the cook is a key player in ensuring we are serving the best quality food to our guests. Duties include completion of daily prep list; preparing a variety of hot and cold food items; washing, peeling, slicing measuring and mixing ingredients; assembling dishes and working with the kitchen team to distribute food to our service staff.
Teamwork is essential and is what we’re all about at sip.!
- Prepares food items according to production sheets
- Prepares food items according to recipe to ensure quality and consistency
- Ensures that all prepared items are labeled, dated, covered, monitored for quality and freshness, and rotated.
- Monitors food levels and replenishes in a timely manner
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for food preparation, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance with, established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Maintains a clean and sanitary working environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards; ensures walk-ins and freezers are clean and organized
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership
- Thorough product knowledge
- Ability to follow a recipe
- Good understanding of food production and fundamental cooking techniques
- Good basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and team members
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Understanding of and compliance sip. Wine Bar’s quality goals
- Must represent sip. Wine Bar’s Vision and Values
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A minimum of 6 months experience in upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment required
- Passion for cooking!
- Hard-working, team player
- Basic knowledge of professional cooking and experience in knife handling
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Ability to follow recipes and instructions
- Ability to perform essential functions to sip. Wine Bar standards with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and team members
sip. Wine Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.