sip. Wine Bar is a self- serve wine bar in historic downtown Tinley Park, IL on the busy & popular Oak Park Avenue opening in January of 2020, with private event openings as soon as November 2019.
We are hiring now for our General Manager. This person will be an integral part of our opening and can expect to run a high-volume restaurant with strong private event sales. The GM leads, coaches, and develops all team members in order to create an atmosphere of kind, supportive teamwork. The GM is responsible for achieving excellent shift execution, ensuring food quality standards, and providing an exceptional guest experience. Supports overall success of the restaurant through achieving financial, operational, and team development goals. The GM must behave in such a way that promotes sip. Wine Bar’s values.
Teamwork is essential and is what we’re all about at sip.!
- Directly responsible for all restaurant operations and directs all levels of management and hourly team members to ensure successful day-to-day operations execution, to provide a consistent and exceptional customer experience
- Responsible for coaching and development of all levels of management
- Ensures collaboration between kitchen and front of house operations
- Represents sip. Wine Bar’s vision and values and creates a respectful, positive, and collaborative work environment
- Leads staff meetings
- Responsible for recommending employment decisions related to interviewing/hiring, terminations, discipline, cross-training and promotions.
- Oversees all team members’ training and leadership development
- Sets and achieves own and team development goals
- Ensures managers are effectively directing assigned departments’ team member efforts
- Reviews and approves all team member schedules in a timely manner
- Focuses on retention efforts of management team and hourly team members
- Adheres to policies and trains others on standard operating systems and procedures
- Maintains consistent and high-quality food, safety, sanitation, service, and facility standards
- Ensures financial metrics are met and involves department managers to achieve results
- Responsible for achieving monthly financial targets, analyzing/interpreting metrics, and involving department managers to achieve results
- Ensures highly executed system and initiative roll-outs
- Accountable for the overall success and results of the Wine Club Program and associated activities
- Responsible for weekly inventory and associated results
- Effectively utilizes computer systems and other technologies
- Ensure restaurant and regional compliance with company policies, safety, and labor laws
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate and understand the primary language of the work location
- Ability to perform essential functions to sip. Wine Bar standards with reasonable accommodation
- Basset certified
sip. Wine Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer